Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Mile 2,268: Another Humid Ride

The morning just barely started as I rode to work. The sun had nowhere near reached its full potential. But it was hot and humid, a typical morning at the beginning of a typical July in Houston. No riding over the weekend, so it felt good this morning to throw my leg over the saddle, even for the simple, short ride to work.

I sat at my usual stoplight on Westheimer and stared at the people at the bus stop as some of them made their way out of the overpriced coffee shop. I began to sweat as the humidity enveloped me, wondering why I even bothered to take a shower this morning.

But then the light turned green, and the wind cooled me back off as I made my way to the office.

Just another humid ride. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

(Although a few more miles would have been nice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment